Who Can Apply?
Any Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust which intends and/or is carrying on an export business in Australia and is located in Australia.
What Companies Are Eligible?
AIMEX uses the EMDG criteria as a guideline for eligibility of membership applications. Go to the following website for more details www.austrade.gov.au
An example of current EMDG criteria:
- You must own the product you are promoting (some exceptions apply) and your product is
- A good made in Australia
- A good made outside Australia where Australia will derive a significant benefit from its sale overseas
- A service provided outside Australia except services(including legal services) relating to migration, real estate, family law and some services provided in Australia
- An intellectual property right that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
- A trademark that was owned, assigned or first used in Australia
- Know how that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
Members of AIMEX must be companies registered in Australia as an Australian company and must be in the business of marine products. (goods & services)
Code of Ethics
AIMEX members agree to adhere to the BIA code of ethics as follows:
- Act honestly and fairly in all business dealings with the consumer.
- Maintain professional courtesy and integrity at all times.
- Ensure all advertising and representations are truthful and accurate.
- At all times act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Do all that is possible to promote safe boating and educational practices.
- Render accurate, truthful and expert advice to the community.
- Strive for excellence in quality of service to customers.
Code of Conduct
View the AIMEX Code of Conduct (PDF).
Categories of Membership
- Full Member: $2000 p.a. (excluding gst) for turnover over $500,000 p.a.
- Junior Member: $1000 p.a. (excluding gst) for turnover under $500,000 p.a. (Junior Membership is only applicable for a period of three years after which time the member will be asked to move to a higher category).
- Associate Member: $1000p.a. (excluding gst.). This category is available for associated service providers.
- Association Member: $500p.a.(excluding gst). This category is for related marine industry associations.
Membership fees are payable on an annual basis.
p : 03 9867 6625 f : 03 9867 6590 e : email@example.com