With the closing date for the 2018 Australian Marine Industry Awards applications a mere 2 weeks away, the Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX) reminds those who are entering to submit their applications before the deadline of the 23rd March 2018 5:00pm AEST.
The prestigous Australian Marine Industry Awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 22nd May at the InterContinental Resort in Sanctuary Cove, Queensland. The awards dinner is the industry night of nights for the Australian marine export, superyacht and commercial sectors and is a great opportunity for industry to meet, greet and support the efforts and contributions of their fellow industry peers.
Featuring amazing live entertainment, signature wines and a three-course meal, the gala dinner is set to be the perfect setting for rewarding industry efforts and connecting with key national and international industry stakeholders. These awards provide significant global profile for award entrants and winners and are open to all of the marine industry.
The prestigious Australian Marine Industry Awards categories:
- Most Innovative Marine Industry Exported Product or Service
- Marine Industry Export Champion
- Best Marine Industry Export Performance in 2017 (SMALL EXPORTER)
- Best Marine Industry Export Performance in 2017 (MEDIUM EXPORTER)
- Best Marine Industry Export Performance in 2017 (LARGE EXPORTER)
- Best Marine Industry Export Marketing Strategy
- 2018 Australian Marine Industry Exporter of the Year
- 2018 Superyacht Industry Business of the Year – Service Provider
- 2018 Superyacht Industry Business of the Year – Manufacturer
- Superyacht Industry Champion
- 2018 Commercial Marine Manufacturer of the Year
- 2018 Commercial Marine Service Provider of the Year
- 2018 Most Innovative Marine Industry Commercial Product or Service
- Commercial Marine Industry Champion
To add to the excellent line up of award categories, a new Australian Voyage Award sponsored by Captain Carl Brandes and his wife Melanie Brandes has been included. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a Captain or owner to be recognised on the global stage.
The Australian Voyage Award is presented to the Superyacht that, in the opinion of the judges, completed the most inspirational cruise during 2017 in Australian Waters. A separate judging panel has been formed and will be made up of a representative from Tourism Australia; Barry Jenkins from Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show; MaryAnne Edwards, Superyacht Australia; Captain Carl and Melanie Brandes from MY Glaze and a representative from Austrade.
The 2018 Awards judging panel includes the following industry personalities:
- Ken Evans (Chair Judge) – Marine Consultant
- Barry Jenkins – Government, Industry and International Relations, Mulpha Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show
- John Zammit – Founder and Publisher, Shipmate Marine Directory
- Joe Akacich – Managing Director, Blackpond Marine Consultants
- Michael Taylor – Trade & Investment Advisor – Defence (Austrade)
- Steve Mitchell – Naval Architect/Marine Consultant
Paul Darrouzet, owner of Abell Point Marina, said “I am a major advocate of the marine industry in Australia, to be recognised in front of industry for my efforts, with the prestigous Superyacht Industry Champion award was extremely rewarding. Awards like this provide significant profile for our individual businesses and the industry”.
Applications close on the 23rd March 2018 5:00pm AEST. The 2018 Australian Marine Industry Awards application forms and further information are available at www.asmex-conference.com.au. For further information or if you have any queries please contact Lhamo Johnson on Tel: +61 3 9867 6625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.