ASMEX 2020 CANCELLED – AUSTRALIAN MARINE INDUSTRY AWARDS TO PROCEED
18 March, 2020
ASMEX 2020 organisers regret to advise that a decision was taken this morning at an Extraordinary AIMEX Board Meeting this morning held to discuss the developing situation of COVID-19 and as such the ASMEX Conference has been cancelled for 2020.
As the organisers of ASMEX, the Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX), the Australian Commercial Marine Group (ACMG) and Superyacht Australia, we emphasise the health and well-being of our members, sponsors, speakers, staff and other stakeholders as a priority.
With the Australian Prime Minister’s announcement this morning, Wednesday 18 March, declaring an indefinite ban on indoor gatherings of 100 people or more, this has prevented ASMEX 2020 from proceeding. ASMEX 2020 was scheduled to take place at Sanctuary Cove, in Queensland from 18–19 May 2020. Ticket holders will be contacted shortly regarding a refund.
The Australian Marine Industry Awards will still be awarded this year. The application period has now been extended with a closing date of 30 June 2020 and the format for their announcement currently being revised and rescheduled for later in the calendar year.
ENSURE YOUR SUCCESSES ARE RECOGNISED BY INDUSTRY – ENTER THE 2020 AUSTRALIAN MARINE INDUSTRY AWARDS
Applications are now open for the 2020 Australian Marine Industry Awards!
The Awards are presented annually to reward the outstanding industry achievements of Australian marine export, superyacht and commercial businesses.
The awards are free to enter and provide entrants with the opportunity to be:
- recognised for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the Australian export, superyacht and commercial marine industries.
- receive publicity and media exposure for their business products and services
- be recognised as an inspirational leader in creating positive change and innovation in the industry
- review project objectives and ambitions whilst reflecting on their organisations achievements
- provide recognition and reward for employees (winning an award is a great motivator and can boost team morale)
- remain involved with the program in future years’ and establish networks with other past winners and entrants
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
To be eligible to apply an applicant must be a financial member of the Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX), the Australian Commercial Marine Group (ACMG) or Superyacht Australia (SYA) and meet the criteria in each category (Export, Superyacht, Commercial)
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND BE RECOGNISED FOR YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS
Entries can be made in more than one category. Download your application form/s by following the link below:
All entries must be completed on the downloadable application forms and submitted by email to Eliza Simpson – email@example.com in word format by 5pm Tuesday 30 June, 2020. Applications or further material will not be accepted after this date. We cannot accept applications that are hard copy or not on the appropriate application form.
Congratulations to all 2019 Australian Marine Industry Award winners:
- 2019 Commercial Marine Project/ Design or Manufacturer of the Year: Aus Ships Group
- 2019 Commercial Marine Service Provider of the Year: The Yard Brisbane
- 2019 Most Innovative Commercial Marine Product or Service of the Year: Marine Engineering Consultants
- 2019 Superyacht Industry Service Provider of the Year – Highly Commended: North Australia Yacht Support (NAYS)
- 2019 Superyacht Industry Service Provider of the Year: Super Yacht Group Great Barrier Reef
- 2019 Superyacht Industry Project/ Design or Manufacturer of the Year: Echo Yachts
- 2019 Voyage of the Year: M/Y Spirit, Captain Martin DeBanks
- 2019 Best Marine Industry Export Performance (Large Exporter): Steber International
- 2019 Best Marine Industry Export Performance (Medium Exporter): Seahub – Yacht Maintenance Software
- 2019 Best Marine Industry Export Marketing Strategy: Seahub – Yacht Maintenance Software
- 2019 Marine Industry Exporter of the Year: Seahub – Yacht Maintenance Software
- 2019 Marine Industry Champion: Mark Stothard, Echo Yachts