The Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX) has today released the Australian Superyacht and Marine Export Industry Conference (ASMEX) program outlining a high calibre of international and national speakers and covering a broad range of topics to be covered over the two day conference.
Click here to view program.
The ASMEX program is now available on the AIMEX, Superyacht Australia and ACMG websites along with all other details including conference registration, accommodation and the social program.
Key speakers participating in the program include:
- Senator the Hon Richard Colbeck – Minister for Tourism and International Education and Minister Assisting the Minister for Trade and Investment
- Andy Treadwell – Managing Director – Singapore Yacht Show and Thailand Yacht Show
- Dr Tony Bernardelli – President – The DaVinci Institute
- Ed Slack – Editor – IBI
- Justin Parer – Managing Director – BSE Maritime Solutions
- Marcus Blackmore – Chairman – Blackmores Ltd
- Mark Richards – CEO – Grand Banks Yachts, Founder – Palm Beach Motor Yachts and Skipper – Wild Oats XI Sydney to Hobart
- Martin Baum – Managing Director – Pantaenius Yacht Group
- Martin Redmayne – Chairman – The Superyacht Report
- Mick Kinley – CEO – Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
- Nizar Tagi – General Manager – Benetti Asia
- Paul Archer – CEO – S.A.R.L Arrow Services Monaco
- Peter Busfield – CEO – New Zealand Marine Export Group
- Roberto Giorgi – Chairman – Fraser Yachts
- Steve Fisher – Superyacht Specialist Manager – Rivergate Marina & Shipyard
- Thom Dammrich – President – National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Chairman of ICOMIA
The ASMEX Conference is the only platform providing opportunities for industry to gain up to date information on the state of the marine export, superyacht and commercial marine industries and where it is believed future business will come from. The conference will be held at the 5 star Intercontinental Hotel at Sanctuary Cove, Queensland, running over 2 days, 17 – 18 May and includes a welcome function sponsored by Muir Winches Australia, the prestigious 2016 Australian Marine Industry Awards Gala Dinner, and conference closing drinks sponsored by MedAire.
The conference is conveniently organised to be held immediately prior to the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show and the Gold Coast Marine Expo ensuring maximum opportunity for all key industry exhibitors and stakeholders to attend.
Support of this key industry conference has again been outstanding with industry realising the opportunity for brand profile alongside this event. Pantaenius Yacht Insurance has maintained their support and return as major sponsors of ASMEX 2016, alongside the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show who return as a key sponsor supporting the industry. The Gold Coast City Council will again hold an Innovation Showcase for Gold Coast marine industry businesses to showcase their products over the period of the conference. Supporting sponsors of the conference include Australian Made, Aqualuma LED Lighting, AwlGrip, Gold Coast City Marina, Line 7, MedAire, Muir Winches Australia, Negociants Australia, Palm Products, Penske Power Systems, Pyrotek Noise Control, Sevenstar Yacht Transport, VEEM and Vetus Maxwell. Media partners of ASMEX include Albatross PR, IBI, Ocean Magazine, The Superyacht Group and Shipmate Marine Directory.
The ASMEX social programme provides significant opportunities for delegates to network with like-minded industry players. The pinnacle of the conference is the announcement of the 2016 Australian Marine Industry Awards which will occur during the conference Gala Dinner on Tuesday 17th May. This year additional networking opportunities have been added to the social program through conference closing drinks giving delegate’s ample opportunity to meet and greet with key industry stakeholders throughout the duration of the conference.