The Marina Industries Association (MIA) is full steam ahead in planning its biennial Marinas21 International Conference and Trade Show which will be held at the Marriott Resort Surfers Paradise, 24-25 May 2021. Marinas21 is conveniently timed to follow the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show.
In announcing the Marinas21 Conference theme, Organising Committee Chair Mike Harvey said, “The theme for Marinas21 will be Inspiring Business Success!. While we are experiencing troubling times we aim to provide our industry with a positive and motivating event that focusses on opportunity and success for our industry”.
In line with the theme, the conference seeks to build a program that is informative, educational and inspiring and is now calling for papers and speaker submissions related to the following topics:
- Consumer spending in a post Covid world – changes in consumer habits and spending
- Expectations and diversity of future generations of boating customers
- Environmental practices, innovations and improving sustainability practices
- Boatyard and dry-stack innovations
- Technology advancements
- The future of boat shows and events
- Benchmarking and yield maximisation – how marinas can learn from the hotel industry
- Best practice business strategy for marinas
- Modern marketing
Submissions should be sent to Suzanne Davies email@example.com. The conference website is now live and delegate registrations are open. The MIA is keen to hear from organisations interested in exposing their products to the marina industry professionals through sponsorship or as exhibitors.