“AIMEX aims to be the world’s most dynamic national marine export peak body, supporting and promoting Australian exporters to succeed in global markets”
- To develop an internationally recognized brand image for the Australian marine export and superyacht industries
- To promote the excellence, innovation and capabilities of the Australian marine export and superyacht industries
- To represent the interests of the Australian marine export and superyacht industries to all levels of government
- To political agendas, policy and budgets that effect the Australian Marine Export and Superyacht Industries
- To increase the value of Australian marine products and services including IP
- To support members in establishing their export markets through identification of opportunities, provision of relevant information, targeted marketing and profile
The Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX) is the peak body for the marine export industry. The objective of AIMEX is to develop and promote Australia’s international competitiveness in the marine sector.
AIMEX represents some of Australia’s most successful international brands, emerging companies and firms that showcase exciting innovation and technological development.
AIMEX members offer a broad range of marine services and products:
- The design, manufacture and repair of power boats, sail boats and light commercial vessels;
- Boat building equipment, research and development, technology and innovation;
- Marine construction materials;
- Ancillary equipment and fittings;
- Marina development.
AIMEX aims to develop a recognised brand image for the Australian industry in the global arena. Members gain excellent media exposure as a result of AIMEX public relations activities and numerous promotional opportunities at key international events
On an annual basis AIMEX publishes “The Australian Marine Industry Export Directory”. This directory is distributed worldwide and is available at major international boat shows, Austrade offices around the world and from the AIMEX website. Copies are also sent to international media and global marine businesses.
On a half yearly basis AIMEX also publishes “the Exporter” which profiles new innovations and successes of Australian Companies that are members of AIMEX. This publication is also distributed worldwide.