The Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX) develops and promotes Australia’s international competitiveness in the marine sector. Aimex is the peak body for the Australian marine export industry and is governed by a board of directors elected by the members. AIMEX is supported in its endeavours by Austrade and DIISR who have observer status on the AIMEX board. State and local Government also work with AIMEX to provide positive outcomes for the Marine Export Industry AIMEX is a non-profit, private sector organisation. Members of AIMEX are drawn from Australia’s recreational and light commercial boating industries who are involved in boat and equipment manufacturing or the provision of marine goods and services for export.
Who Are Our Members?
AIMEX represents some of Australia’s most successful international brands, plus emerging companies and firms that showcase exciting innovation and technological development.
Members offer a broad range of marine services and products:
- The design, manufacture and repair of yachts, pleasure and light commercial motor cruisers and runabouts;
- The manufacture of auxiliary equipment and fittings;
- Boatbuilding and equipment research and development, technology and services;
- Marina development;
- Boating skills training;
- Boat refitting and repair.
What are the benefits of membership?
- World exposure through entry in the AIMEX annual and international “Australian Marine Industry Directory” and “Exporter” magazines distributed around the globe;
- AIMEX offers members a valuable discount on space and stands sharing options at AIMEX supported international boat shows
- Information regarding export finance assistance programmes
- Enhanced international marketing power through a unified approach and increased exposure of the Australian export industry plus widespread image building through AIMEX publications;
- Opportunities to receive export inquiries from around the world;
- A website that features every member with direct links to each member’s site via company name or industry category;
- Network opportunities with experienced Australian exporters from all sectors of the marine industry – meet friends and share their exporting experiences;
- Specialist assistance for the first time and inexperienced exporters;
- Access to the AIMEX mentoring scheme;
- Export education and access to skill development and accreditation pathways;
- Strong support from Austrade’s international network and other government agencies;
- An introduction to finance and government export assistance programs such as Export Market Development Grants (EMDG);
- Strong representation at all tiers of government;
- Representation at boat shows – even when you can’t be there;
- Cost savings using the group buying power
- Group media exposure;
- Links to major Australian and international marine industry associations;
- Consolidated approach providing strength in a competitive world market through internationally recognised Australian national marine export branding.
- Access to the Australian Export Awards
Click here to view the directory of all the services and information you can access as a member of AIMEX